Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Tracing...

I was listening to this song today and it hit me how apt it was. In my case, that is. How sometimes I feel lost and without any direction. How sometimes nothing feels right. How sometimes we want to see the tiny ray of sunshine. And how sometimes we want to think the exact opposite of what we want happening, just to keep ourself safe. 

Tracing - John Mayer

Do you ever get the feeling
that we started in the middle..
Or do you ever have the sense
that we are lying, just a little..
I mean come on
its not like we have known ourselves that long

And I cant say I really blame you
for being bored with the beginning..
Always staring at the score
to figure out whose barely winning.
but dont you know
that there is a reason strong moves slow

And I'm ok.. if you're ok.. with wasting time..
But when you trace
you always see the bottom line

We are tracing... I hope you know... we are tracing

And if you want to know the moment
I knew that I was still alone
I found I never learned your number
I only stored it in my phone
you think by now
I'd know the shape of calling home..

And I'm ok.. if you're ok.. with wasting time

And when you trace
you always see the bottom line..

We are tracing.. I hope you know.. We are tracing
We're both alone..

We are tracing
Did you ever get the feeling
that we started in the middle..
Or do you ever have the sense
that we are lying just a little..
I mean come on
Its not like we knew ourselves that long...

No comments: