Friday, October 31, 2008
So, really.. What do people normally use a diary for?
To record events, to remember events and related stuff, right?
Not this one. Thanks to Benrik, we now have access to the world's funkiest diary!! Plus access to books like 'Lose Weight, get Laid, Find God'!
Our diary here, hardly has any place for normal diary stuff. Instead it focusses on things that make our seemingly boring lives super exciting! It begins, like all other diaries, with a personal details page. But which other diary have you seen, which has a claim to fame field? Awesome, eh?
Then come two pages containing the whackiest resolutions ever. Stuff like make a baby(OK that doesn's seem so whack, but the illustrations, no they aren't perverted, make them really entertaining!), have an uglify yourself week, be a genie etc. Then it is followed by pages further contributing to its awesomeness!
Buy the diary! You'll know what I'm talking about. Also visit the aforementioned site. It contains some of the most random blogs ever! The age of the revolutionary diary has arrived!
Thursday, October 30, 2008
1. The most kick ass pack of cards I have ever laid eyes on. Yes, I am talking about a pack of cards, not the cure for cancer. But when you see, what I did, you will go WOW with wonder too!
2. The awesome-st card game in the world, and also the lamest. The easiest game, yet the hardest to understand(for a while, that is.). Absolutely nonsensical, but mind blowingly brilliant at the same time. We fondly call it, 'Quietly Keep it Down'! Thank you very much S, for introducing us to this senseless brilliance!
3. Madhur Bhandarkar is not all that. Fashion, I can safely say, SUCKED. Remember my Bachna Eh Haseeno review. Multiply that by three billion, four hundred thousand, two hundred and sixty nine, and you get Fashion. Three hours of physical, mental/emotional torture. The music was bad, the clothes weren't great, the concept was super-predictable and it was excruciatingly long! OK, the women are hot, but no person,(not even you boys) can take take this rubbish for three and a half hours. Kangana Ranaut cannot act to save her life, and Priyanka Chopra is so painfully boring, you will seriously hate yourself for sometime.
4. Roadside Romeo. Lets not even go there. Yes, I did watch the movie. Yes, it was a terrible mistake. Yes, I am quite lame. But it is definitely better than the aforementioned piece of crap.
5. I am not 'Gossip Girl' anymore. Pun intended. I used to know everything. I never was the 'social butterfly', but I attracted gossip like a magnet! Now, in contrast, I know everything about everyone last. Damn!
6. I suck at bowling. I am really, really, really bad!
7. Happy Halloween! (And, happy Independence Day, R!! Today is a day of celebration,!! *winks*) And also, Happy Birthday, S!!
Monday, October 27, 2008
That doesn't matter, really. What matters is that I am back to create an impact on the peace and quiet of the city(but the truth is, the city ain't that peaceful considering, a. its Diwali and b. Bangalore has changed. But thats not what this is about.. This is about me being back!! So yippieeee!!:))!
So one thing I did after coming back and unlocking my room etc. was check my blog. Before I sent out messages(but then again, messages charge 1 buck today.)!! But I truly did miss cluttering my very own cyber place(btw I hate the word cyber) with my senseless, self obsessed rubbish!! Wheeeee!! Hurray for blogs!
I rediscovered exhilaration today! My dad let me drive the Corolla today, and I can safely say that it has changed me. To be in a car thats going super fast is one thing, but to be behind the steering wheel when the speedometer hits a 150kmph is just beyond any feeling!! You must try it! Notice the number of exclamation marks?? Thats how excited I am/was!!
Anyway, my mom is throwing slight fits and asking me to unpack now, so I gotta go..
Oh, and happy Diwali!!:)
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
- The pedestrians - The footpath is made for a reason. Use it! Don't blame me later, if you don't and I run over you.
- The autodrivers - Your auto-rickshaws aren't as tiny as you believe them to be. They cannot, and will not fit through any space!
- The bus drivers - Fine, agreed. Your vehicles are massive. But don't take in so many people that it seems like they're going to fall on me when I drive past you! Also your turns must not be so far out into the road. Maybe my father should teach you how to drive!
- The two wheelers - You see that little gap between my car and the guy's in front? No, there's a high high probability you are not going to fit through that. So don't try, and make me yell at you!
- The truck drivers - You do not belong on the roads. Period. Stick to the highway!
Finally, the car drivers(this applies to me, sometimes) - Stick to your lane(unless you are really late for college/work), and use the indicator, always! (How boring!)
Thank you for taking time out to read this.
- Your friendly neighbourhood traffic police.
Monday, October 20, 2008
And Alex Karev is also so WOW! Love the new look, love his story, love the facial hair, love everything about him! I'm hoping the series gets him and Izzie back together(or have I not gotten to that part yet? No, don't tell me!!).
But it kinda sucks that there's no more Preston Burke. I really liked his character, and his story with Oh.
And that brings us to Brendan Fehr! Wowwie! Double triple wow! I must admit I'm a little late on watching Roswell. I didn't watch it too regularly back when I was in school, but now I'm on it. And that boy, Michael Guerin, gives me the goosebumps! Its incredible how rebellious and dangerous he is! I want to be with an alien, man!!
Monday, October 13, 2008
Hobbes: Well, say the object of your affection walks by..
First your heart falls into your stomach, and splashes your innards. All the moisture makes you sweat profusely. The condensation shorts the circuits to your brain and you get all woozy! When your brain burns out altogether, your mouth disengages, and you babble like a cretin till she leaves!
Awwwwww! This is, by far, the cutest thing I've ever read!!
Friday, October 10, 2008
*like anyone cares*
But this my blog, so who cares about you!
Its worse than muck,
What horrible luck,
With this subject we are stuck!
Our teacher is a whor@,
No doubt, the biggest bore,
I'd like to pin her to the floor,
Sock it to her once, and then some more!!
AJAX, XML, Flex and SOAP,
That we can shift to DOS, we live in hope,
Or else before internals, again we'll mope,
As for externals, there's definite need of dope!
So Open Office is quite awesome! I've always used Microsoft Word, and don't quite like the 2007 version. I mean, its quite cool, but its very cluttered. I like simple. Where I don't have to change my spacing with every paragraph and go to a different menu altogether for a slide show(referring to power-point here). I did try installing the 2003 version, but that didn't work either. Plus I kind of installed Windows over Linus(yes, Linus. I call him Linus, and Linus rocks!) on my system, and now I'm stuck with Vista. But Open Office is quite cool:)
Why I'm using Open Office when I can use Blogger? Because in my house we have a system. I get the broadband connection Mondays through Thursdays, and my brother gets it over the weekend. And today is Friday. This came to being after much hassle, and torment. I keep telling my mom, you should've stuck to having just one kid, but no-one listens to me. Oh no no no. Anyway, I'm not complaining, just that my downloads are always rudely interrupted, and that, is not cool.
Highlights of the week. Or rather, the much needed extra long weekend. I went to Kerela. It wasn't the usual hill-station, coffee estate trip. Rather, it was a temple trip. Guruvayur. I don't know what it is with my parents, but they have this temple thing going on. I suggested a family vacation in the hols. Mom was thrilled at the idea. She asked me if I had a place in mind. I promptly said, Bangkok! She seemed happy. I'll ask dad and tell you. Result: Guruvayur now, and next week, Tirupathi. Normally, I'm not a very temple person, but this place has something about it. Guruvayur, that is. I love the place. I don't mind standing in those long, crazy queues. I really don't. Plus I love elephants. They're the cute-st things ever. And there are loads of them in Kerela.
Anyway, I'm back. I'm dying of this nasty cold, and totally sleep deprived, but I'm home, nursing myself back to my super-awesome self. And like I said, today is Friday. 10th October. Much awaited by me, and my friend, for one main reason. The book launch! eM's book launch! No cold was going to stop me from going. I love eM. I have spent many nights reading her blog, when in fact I should've been studying. So, yeah, I went. And got a signed copy of her book(yippieeee!:))! I wanted her to sign it as, 'I hope this book is as awesome as you are,' but then I thought, too much. Lol. So, I now have a signed copy of 'You Are Here', signed, 'I hope this lives upto the blog'. Yes, I met eM!!! I now also have two seasons of Grey's anatomy, and two seasons of Desperate Housewives!
Such a girl!
Since I can't use the internet to 'publish' this(publish is such a weird term to use, here), I'm going to wait till the rest of my weekend to see how it goes. I'm supposed to be going on this trip tomorrow with some friends, but the decision will be taken tomorrow by my mom, depending on 'The Common Cold' crisis. Hope something works out! *Fingers crossed*
Saturday. I didn't go.:( Woke up with a horrible head pain. Bright side. My brother isn't home. So I can use the internet before he gets home!
So, voila!P.S - Listen to 'Look at her Face' - The Coral Sea. Awesome song!