Tuesday, December 30, 2008

important - Xvod decoder

I thought to myself, lets help some people out today.

Those lucky people happen to be you guys!!




Yes, yes, thank you, now back to your seats. Enough of jumping with joy.



Recently, I downloaded this movie, Nick and Norah's Infinite playlist. It took nearly half a day to download. When it did finish, and when I tried playing it on VLC Player, I got this message on the screen.

DOWNLOAD THE XVOD DECODER TO VIEW THIS FILE. THIS DECODER IS AVAILABLE AT TORRENTSU.COM

So, I went to torrentsu.com, and there the decoder was available for some amount of money. So obviously, I took the easier(free) way out and searched for it on CNET. Weird, it wasn't available.

Later I found out that this was a scam created by some people who inserted this scam software into movies, which displayed the same or similar message to the one I saw. There is no such thind as an Xvod decoder. It was just some easy was for the 'scammers' to earn some money! So if you do happen to download such a file, report the torrent and delte the file. DO NOT BUy THE SOFTWARE.

You're welcome!


*edited to add - If you guys download your torrents from mininova, this user v_axxo has created these aforementioned fake torrents. Axxo is te right guy, V_axxo with his 23789 seeds and peers is fake.

5 comments:

Sidharth Ullal said...

LOL, the world is full of annoying people!

Silverstreak said...

Tell me about it. Such a bloody waste of time and resources!

Iceman said...

OMG!!
Piracy?????
:O

~R~ said...

Thengue. Very helpful.
Nick and norah's infinite playlist?! I've been dying to see that!

Silverstreak said...

Me too!! Trying to get hold of an original torrent!