So what do you say to the most powerful man in Hollywood when you want to take a picture with him?
This is what I do:
- Volunteer for the event.
- Get a few drinks. VERY IMPORTANT STEP.
- Make sure the security is far far far away from him.
- Finish those drinks.
- Hide your name tag so people don't recognise you.
- Be small enough so people don't see you.
- Go up to him and say, 'Mr. Speilberg, could I get a picture? I work at _blank_ and I'm a HUGE fan!'
- Wait for him to say, 'Oh that's great. Sure', then smile for the camera.
- Pass out. (well, almost!).
Best. Day. Ever.
On a related note, here's the best way to get a picture with a celebrity. Ask me now, I'm an expert.
- Again, volunteer for the event.
- Wait for dinner to be served.
- Wait for celebrity to leave ballroom to use the restroom.
- Run out of ballroom.
- catch celebrity on his way back, and say, 'Could I get a picture, I'm a HUGE fan!'
- wait for him to say, 'sure', take a picture and also, 'NICE TO MEET YOU'!
- then, again, pass out.
For those of you who don't recognise him, that's Ty Burrell, who plays Phil Dunphy on Modern Family. Next to him is yours truly.
This is chapter 2 in my book of optimism.
You may now begin with the profanities.