Friday, February 13, 2009

This post is reincarnated too!

So yesterday, K came home and we were talking about this book she was reading. Many Lives, Many Masters. The book is about this woman who has a multitude of fears and goes to a psychiatrist to try to find some way to find the origin and if possible, get over these fears. So through the book(which is infact a true story, and is written by the aforementioned psychiatrist), we come to know that the fears do not indicate any kind of (forgotten) abuse as a child, but are actually predominant because of certain encounters in her past lives. Yes, the book, as K told me, does talk about past lives and incarnations. Every life we live is at some particular level. If we live our lives decently, without, I have to use these words here, chal kapat, which translate to lies and deceit, we advance to a greater level. If we do decide to live our lives as a horrible person, say a murderer or a rapist, we remain at the same level and lead quite a horrible life the next time around too.

This book also talks about a paranormal stage after death(which is supposedly the floating phase), between two lives. At this intermediate stage where a person is between two levels of life, he meets this master. This master now gets to decide whether the dude in question goes to the next level, or remains at the same level. He also tells him/her how she can advance to the next level by being good and how he/she can choose his/her destiny. Blah blah blah. How the person decides to live his/her life is upto him/her. The book also says that the people you know or are involved with in the current life have been somehow connected with you in your previous lives. Like, in the book, the woman is involved with this married man. She knows its wrong etc etc, but cannot break it off, for some reason. After much research into her past life, the psychiatrist reveals to her that he killed her in her previous life, which is why he continues to torture her in her present one.

K hasn't read the book completely, so she couldn't tell me about the ending. She also told me that, she actually had heard about some dude, her brother-in-law's friend, who could perform hypnotism on a person and look into their past lives.

*warning - some of you might not get whom I'm talking about here. Sorry for that*

This got us thinking. What were our previous lives like? How were we related to our friends and family? K is one of my closest friends(in my current life), and it'd be too weird if she turned out to be my mom in my previous life.
But we figured, R, in her previous life was definitely killed by a certain PA(R, if you're reading this, ask me later, if you've not already found out, who PA is). R and I were probably sisters, and PA got to me too, and also to A. K and D lived in the time when gravity wasn't discovered. And their first fight was because an apple fell on D and he thought K threw it on him. The two of them were instantly killed by an earthquake, as a result of which their fight couldn't end, which is why they continue to fight to this day, for silly reasons!! K thinks SP and me were 'lovers'; I think I killed him =P. M killed Th, TK killed M; that I'm sure of!! And I think S and AM were probably married, and S and P couldn't be.

Man, I need some kind of reminder to figure out later who these people are!

*end of ambiguity*

Anyway, now you tell me, let your imagination run wild. What do you think you did, who do you think you were? And while you're at it, read the book, an tell me if its worth a read.

2 comments:

v said...

I was discussing the same book with my friend Yo!...In the book her fear of water is explained as due to her drowning or something of that sort I don't remember now.

I am shit scared of needles... maybe I was killed by a doctor with a lethal injection of sorts! lol...

Silverstreak said...

We really are twins!!:)

I think I bled to death in a hospital, which is why I'm shit scared to enter one!!