Monday, July 21, 2008

My roller-coaster

This is one of the most random songs I've heard, and one of the nicest!



You were on my mind atleast nine tenths of yesterday,
Seemed as if perhaps I'd gone insane.
What is it about you that has commandeered my brain, 
Maybe its your awesome songs or maybe its the way..
When I look at your face, I can tell that we're not going to be stopping soon or even slowing down..
And if we keep up this pace pretty soon we'll know the names,
of every kid and every grown up, booking house shows in their town.


And if home is, really where the heart is, then we're the smartest kids I know, 
because wherever we are in this great big world, we'll never be more than a few hours from home..
And thats important, because I need to travel, 
I've got this itching in my shoes since I was just a little kid..
And before I had a mini-van I rode the grey hound bus,
My mom would say, I hope some day, you get paid for being Kimya Dawson!


(skip to last verse)

You were on my mind atleast nine tenths of yesterday,
Seemed as if perhaps I'd gone insane.
What is it about you that has commandeered my brain, 
Maybe its your awesome songs or maybe its the way..
You go straight to the top, you're not scared of getting squashed..
You know just when to jump off, you are so brave.
Then you run to the right, it seems like there's no hope in sight, 
then you drop down  to the tube that takes you right to level eight!

The song is much longer and I'm super lazy at the moment to type it all out. 

No comments: